1.6K views

Purchased a 2016 25' Artic Fox trailer end of September. Slept on mattress two weeks. Mattress is starting to cave on both sides, definitely breaking down. Talked to Northwest RV in Spokane, we were told there had been complaints before and nothing was done. Called Northwood service dept. (541-962-6274) and were told it is a RV mattress and they will not cover under the warranty. We have had 6 rv's, this is the worst mattress we have ever had...need I say, we are extremely disappointed with Northwood. Not happy campers, we will be sure to let others know.

Al Deerwester

Coeur d'Alene, ID

Product or Service Mentioned: Northwood Manufacturing Rv Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Replace mattress with a better one..

Comments

FlatMaineCoon

Horrible mattress! 2014 5th wheel.

We sold it for 200. And bought a much better one. By the way it wss still in plastic when we sold it. Brand new.

My front cap is already fading, which is big issue with me. Yes it was stored under cover.

#1402049

I also own a 2017 AF Fifth Wheel, but didn't purchase it because of the mattress. Absolutely love my AF other than the mattress and a few minor issues not worthy of mentioning.

to Anonymous #1555714

We never gave the mattress a thought. I'd venture to guess all stock RV mattresses are junk.

We put a topper on our mattress as SOON as we got our trailer home. Like "sleeping on a cloud", to steal an old mattress company's ad campaign.

Nowadays especially, RV mfg's all seem to be battling the quality complaints - even Northwood - who have had a good reputation for years. However, I think overall, the complaints about them are fewer than the mfg's back in Indiana.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #1353965

When but a 5th or TT you should just leave the mattress at the dealer and buy a quality mattress, similar to what you have at home. Most times, even in high end units the mattresses are ***.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada #1303284

Same issue with my 2016 fifth wheel. Threw out the mattress and replaced it with a real mattress. It's not worth the time trying to get Northwood to look after it.

we have a 2010 Arctic Fox 811 Truck camper we bought new in 2010 and we just purchased a 2016 Arctic Fox 31D trailer for longer camping trips and i can tell you there is a significant difference in the quality of the two. Like you referenced, the mattress in the 2016 is much lower quality and comfort than the 2010, they are both queen size beds.

I am very concerned with the newer models.

We bought this unit basically sight unseen since we really love our 2010, and had no concerns with the quality based on that unit. I am thinking they have found ways to make up for the losses they took in the down economy 6 years ago.