Missoula, Montana
100% full Not resolved

We had a 20ft.Nash for 10 years with no problems so we decided in 2014 to upgrade to a 24M.

The trailer came with two bent stabilizer jacks and a heater bypass value that did not work, both were fixed by the dealer. We have had the slideout in the shop twice and the latest and most costly repair will be to the springs. One leaf spring completely broken and the others are bent and/or damaged. Wholesale Extended Warranties will only fix the completely broken leaf spring but not the damaged one.

The dealer will not just replace the broken spring because of the damage to the others. I called Northwood Service Dept.

to see if there had been any recall but only could leave a message, have not received any reply.Sorry to see the quality of the products have declined so much.

Review about: 2014 Northwood Manufacturing Nash 24M.

I didn't like: Quality of trailer and workmanship.

2.2
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $1023
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Northwood Manufacturing?

Comments

Missoula, Montana, United States #1238558

After a month, Northwood Manufacturing called and asked if I needed any help finding the parts, nothing about they were sorry for the quality of product. Last Northwood product we will buy.

Laramie, Wyoming, United States #1227515

that's funny.as I write this we just returned home from a great weekend cut short, and we have a similar story.

Bought a 2013 19b after having a Nash 18L that we loved.

about a month ago driving with the trailer, both front leaf springs broke. Ouch.

luckily I replaced them in a friends garage, but that had potential to really suck.And now, today cruising to the secret fishing spot, the left rear spring broke and we had to limp back to town for another repair......

to Anonymous Fargo, North Dakota, United States #1321797

I've also had problems with leaf springs breaking on my 2013 Nash 17K.First thing anyone asks is about the loaded weight.

It is just me and the cat so we travel very light and I'm super cautious about weight since I tow with a F-150. First one broke a year ago then second one last summer. Happened on I90 outside of St Paul. Did not hit a bump or railroad tracks, just traveling along at 55mph and felt a sway as if a semi was about to pass.

At rest stop noticed the piece hanging. This fall, number 3 broke as I was backing into my driveway for the winter. The metal inside the break does not look right, having discoloration and weird swirls.

I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade to a heavier spring or just replace the broken one and the one adjacent since I read that they should be replaced in pairs.What a pain to have someone come and fix it.

Jim Streeter
to Anonymous Missoula, Montana, United States #1322099

We had to replace all four springs, not just the broken one.The dealer put on 2000 lb springs which were heavier than the original.

Have not felt any difference in the pulling and am glad we have more cushion in the weight. We do not over load the trailer.

Nash just seems to put in weak springs.Good Luck