Homosassa, Florida
100% full Not resolved
2.0
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I bought a Artic Fox 990 truck camper March4, 2015.While on a trip to Florida and Alabama this summer my roof delaminated.

I noticed a few bubbles in a couple places forming. I continued to moniter them as I traveled. The on August 2nd, my wife said she heard what sounded like something flapping. I pulled over and climbed on the roof and the whole section above our bed had hat loose and there were now bubble along the back forming.

It did not tear or come out from any of the edging but had streched from driving and the heat. It never did leak anywhere just came loose. I had it checked at an RV repair place in Alabama and was told this is not uncommon in the south for rubber roofs but coud not fix it for 3 weeks. I called Northwood and talked to Justin in warrenty and he told me it was 4 months out of warrenty it was failure by me to maintain.

Then said I was on my own. He did add that if I could bring it to Oregon he would take a look at it. I did not spend $30,000.00 on a campt to let it go to ***. Little over a year old how much maintenance does it need.

I did check my roof on the trip every day before I put my slide out in to make sure nothing was on top. I bought a tarp, rope, gorilla tape and a bungie cord spider web to proteck the roof for the drive back to Colorado. It is a good camper but the roof was poorly installed and the customer service from Northwood was way below exceptable. Now I am stuck with the repair costs for something that is clearly a manufacture defect.

I felt I was buying a good product and did not need to buy extra years of warrenty.

I was wrong twice.SHould not have gotten a Northwood product and I should have got extra warrenty.

Review about: 2013 Northwood Manufacturing Arctic Fox 990 Rv.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Product defective, Service manager justin unwilling to help.

Had an Experience with Northwood Manufacturing?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion